Flower-Insect Timed Counts
Spend ten minutes watching flowers and insects in good weather! This simple survey collects data on the total number of insects that visit a particular flower, ideally chosen from a list of target flowers. FIT Counts can be done anywhere, including gardens and parks, in warm, dry weather at any time.
Every single count helps make our data more meaningful, and if you can carry out several counts at one location during that time you will be adding extra value to your survey records.
Everything you need to take part is available via the FIT Count app:
- Download Android app from Google Play
- Download Apple (iPhone/iPad) app from the App Store
- All FIT Count data can be entered in the field - no internet signal required
- Counts can be saved and uploaded immediately, or when you return to base
- Includes insect groups identification guide
- Multiple languages available within the app
- Can use device GPS to automatically record your location
Once your Counts have been saved and uploaded, you will be able to view them via a dedicated FIT Count website. If you need to edit your Count after uploading from the app, you will need to register on that website, using the same email address that you used to register on the app.